Things to Do...
- Immerse yourself in immigrant farm and village life at Old World Wisconsin, a living history museum just four miles away, then grab some lunch on-site at the Clausing Barn Cafe. Old World Wisconsin
- Golf the oldest nine hole golf course in Wisconsin,the Eagle Springs Golf Resort is just steps from our back door. Reserve your tee time now! http://eaglespringsgolfresort.com/
- Indulge in the opulence and elegance of the Ten Chimney’s Historic Site, country home of theater icons, Alfred Lunt & Lynn Fontaine, in nearby Genesee Depot. www.tenchimneys.org.
- Experience spectacular dinner theater and concerts at the Fireside Theater in Fort Atkinson, just 25 miles away.
- Go hiking, biking, birdwatching, swimming, picnicing, off-road mountain biking, cross-county skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, horseback riding, nature walking, boating, geocaching and more in the 22,000 acres of the southern Kettle Moraine State Forest. We are literally surrounded by the Kettle Moraine, and you can pick up trail maps and other information at the nearby visitor’s center and museum, just 5 miles away. http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/kms/
- Put on your hiking boots and explore effects of glaciation on the terrain of southern Wisconsin! Trail heads for the Ice Age Trail are just a couple of miles from our door. http://www.iceagetrail.org/
- Ride the East Troy Electric Railroad from East Troy to Mukwonago. They offer railroad tours through the rural landscape, as well as dinner tours and fun seasonal themed rides, May through October. http://www.easttroyrr.org/
- Learn about the history of the electric trolley in Southeastern Wisconsin at the East Troy Electric Railroad Museum. Just 15 minutes away. http://www.travelwisconsin.com/history-heritage/east-troy-electric-railroad-museum-203557
-Shop for flea market bargains, fresh fruits and vegetables, and crafts at Maxwell Street Days in nearby Mukwonago. One weekend a month through the warm weather months. http://www.maxwellstreetdays.net/Home.html. The Elkhorn Antique Flea Market, with over 500 dealers, is open four Sundays through the summer months. http://www.nlpromotionsllc.com/shows.html
- Pick your own apples and other farm fresh treats at the Elegant Farmer in Mukwonago! http://www.elegantfarmer.com/
- Stop in for a hearty lunch, rent skis or bikes at the LaGrange General Store, Cafe & Deli. Open daily. backyardbikes.com.
-Take a drive through the enchanting hills and valleys of the Kettle Moraine region on the Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive. Beautiful anytime, but autumn provides a spectacular color show! http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/kmscenicdrive.html
-Paddle a canoe across Eagle Springs Lake, through the marshes along the Mukwonago River, and onto beautiful Lulu Lake. Small craft rentals available at nearby Eagle Springs Pub. http://eaglespringpub.mfbiz.com/#/canoe-to-lulu/4542846584
-Have your own watercraft? Launch onto Eagle Springs Lake at the Wisconsin DNR boat launch just a mile and half away, or at various launch sites along the Fox River! Fish local lakes summer and winter. Fishing licenses available for purchase nearby.
-Spend an afternoon on the beach at nearby Mukwonago County Park or Ottowa Lake.
-Catch local festivals on various weekends, and don't miss the East Troy Bluegrass Festival the second weekend in September!
-And much, much more. Browse our brochure rack for more ideas.
-The Eagle Springs Pub offers a rustic setting and excellent casual dining. Try their bison burger after a day on the water (canoe and paddleboat rentals available on-site). http://eaglespringpub.mfbiz.com/
-Pick up a sandwich for your picnic at Tasty Z's in Eagle, great ice cream, too.
-Excellent pizza, chicken, sandwiches, and more available at ZaZings in North Prairie. Dine in, carry out, and delivery available. http://www.zazingonline.com/
-Originally built as a dry-goods store in the 1800's, Ivan's on the Square in East Troy now serves up a fantastically diverse menu. http://www.ivansonthesquare.com/default.aspx
-Head to Gus's Drive-In in East Troy for hamburgers, hot dogs, custard, and more at a real 1950's style drive-in. Check out hundreds of classic cars every Saturday "Cruise Night", Memorial Day through Labor Day. http://www.gussdrivein.com/grill.php
-Suhmer's Saloon and Eatery in Eagle offers great food, and hosts a multitude of special events. http://suhmerssaloon.com/index.html
-Casual food and live entertainment at Knucklehead Pub & Grub. http://www.knuckleheadpub.com/joomla/
-Catch a trout and eat it too! The Trout House, on the grounds of Rushing Waters Fisheries in Palmyra, offers just such an opportunity. Local fish and seafood, and other delicious choices abound. Featured on the local PBS program, Wisconsin Foodie! http://www.rushingwaters.net/the-trout-house/
-At the Fork in the Road, in nearby Mukwonago, enjoy a menu of wonderfully unique, casual American food in a former stagecoach inn. http://forkintheroadrestaurant.com/
-The Nite Cap Inn, in nearby Palmyra, offers German and American cuisine, and a fantastic Friday Fish Fry. They even offer a Wednesday night Gluten-Free Fish Fry!
-The Kettle Hill Grill in Palmyra is a great choice for lunch or supper, and get some cold and creamy ice cream cones for desert!
-For a truly unique experience, try the Villa at Heaven City, built alongside the Fox River in 1917 and frequented by notorious gangsters in a previous era, now offering an upscale menu and imaginative, historic decor. http://www.thevillahc.com/
-Sandwiches and Sunday ham & rolls available at the little Cornerstone Gas and Grocery on the corner of Hwy LO and Hwy E.
LLC W351S10333 Tuohy Road, Eagle, Wisconsin 53119
BED & BREAKFAST